Traditional Up and Over Doors
Traditional one piece up and over doors are simple to operate and available in a wide selection of designs, colours, styles and finishes.
The type of garage door everyone thinks of when you say “new garage door”; our installers provide a comprehensive and professional fitting service across Kent, Sussex and Surrey, offering two choices of gear operation across all our models of up and over doors - canopy and retractable. With specialist garage door fitters; we provide high quality installations of a variety of up and over doors.
Our basic steel garage doors start from just £750 fitted with a new frame!
Easy to operate and very secure, we offer a wide variety of up and over doors that are becoming exceedingly popular. We even provide a range of automation systems and equipment to give you increased control over who can access your garage. Our automation systems also make the process of opening your up and over doors much easier and quicker from the comfort of your car. Both stylish and easy to use, up and over doors are perfect for almost any home.
Our range of up and over doors encompasses a wide range of designs and styles; ensuring there is something that suits any kind of property. No matter the design or style requirements, our range of up and over doors are sure to have you covered. All the systems we install are of the highest quality meaning our up and over doors improve your property's security for a long time to come. Every one of our up and over doors are designed and crafted using the highest quality materials ensuring you only get the best solutions at the right prices.
We have installed and fitted many up and over doors for many domestic clients over the years. Most of our up and over doors were installed with our automation systems; providing homeowners with an easy to operate garage door. The up and over doors we provide have different styles and designs meaning that there is sure to be something that suits the look and feel of your home. From an authentic wooden look to a plain and flat up and over door; we offer them all.
Call us today to discuss your up and over door requirements. Our expert garage door fitters will be on hand to go through your needs and provide helpful, friendly advice on what will best suit you. We will provide you with the information you need and ensure that you get the perfect up and over door that you are looking for. We have a wide range of roller doors, security shutters and up and over doors that are made to your requirements and installed at a time that suits you.
- Canopy gear is the basic garage door gear, leaving about one third of the door as a protruding canopy. These lift on vertical tracks, with no horizontal tracks going back into the opening. Canopy doors have a large overhead spring that fits to the back of a frame and are only suited for manual operation.
- Retractable gear doors can be used on single or double garage doors and have horizontal tracks that hang back within the roof space. This allows the door to retract nearly all the way into the garage. Retractable doors have springs that are fitted down each side and can easily be electrically operated.
Good secure locking mechanisms are offered as standard with our up and over doors
Our garage door fitters install your new up and over door with highly secure locking mechanisms to give you complete control over the access to your property. We even offer a range of extra locking devices which we are more than happy to go through with over the phone or in person. All our up and over doors create a durable and secure cover to your possessions and keep your family or employees safe from external threats.
Made from materials like fibreglass, ABS, steel and timber up and over garage doors can be powder coated into almost any colour, given timber effect or left as a basic primed steel surface for you to finish however you like.
Whatever your new garage door needs from up and overs to sectional garage doors speak to the experts at 1st Choice; contact us today and we can arrange a no obligation survey and quotation with one of our friendly team.
We provide comprehensive fitting of up and over garage doors across Kent, Sussex, Surrey and the South East including;
- A full survey, written quote and recommendations
- Hundreds of colours and styles to choose from
- Browse samples at the showroom or in your home
- We take care of supply and delivery to you
- Our professional team quickly turnaround a quality installation
- Optionally you can also have an automated opening system fitted
Our traditional up and over garage doors are available in standard sizes as well as purpose built sizes for bespoke garage openings and installed by our garage door fitters. Our expert team will visit your property and carry out a survey, where they will measure up the opening before discussing with you the most suitable doors for your property. Of course, the final decision is down to you but our professional garage door fitters will provide you with honest and impartial advice to help you make your choice about your up and over doors.
The Guardian Range
We now offer manual Up & Over doors that meet the vigorous standards set by the Secure By Design initiative for security and added peace of mind. Find out more information on Secure By Design - These doors can be either the Garador Guardian range or the Novoferm Novoguard range.
The Guardian Range of garage doors are supplied pre-framed with a heavy duty box section steel frame, additional door braces for extra strength and 4 point locking for exceptional security.
Up and over garage doors can be made from materials like fully finished GRP fibreglass, ABS, steel and timber.
- Steel doors are available powder coated in a number of colours, or you can paint them in your chosen colour. The doors are produced from sheet steel that is pressed into shape and are usually made up of steel sections spot welded or riveted together.
- Timber doors are available in a good selection of designs and can be supplied base coated for your choice of finish, or fully finished in a selection of woodstain colours. Timber doors are usually made from Cedar, which is a very stable and workable timber that is also resistant to rot. Accoya and Hardwood 'Idigbo' doors are now also available.
- GRP Fibreglass doors are one piece doors with no seams or joins in the panel. The doors are produced from layers of glass fibres which are exceptionally strong and are available in White Gloss or textured woodgrain colours. The panels are crisp and very lifelike and offer an unrivalled range of door designs and sizes.
- ABS – White, similar to UPVC – available as a fully finished door. These doors are produced from a single sheet of White plastic acrylic that produces a fully finished door. They are exceptionally resilient to knocks and bumps as the composite is similar to car bumpers and are available in a number of designs.
Based outside Sevenoaks, we provide first class up and over garage door installations to domestic and commercial customers from Kent, Sussex and Surrey. Our work regularly takes us to Swanley, Bromley, Epsom, Crawley, Dartford, Bexleyheath, Gravesend, Medway, Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Orpington, Wrotham Heath, South East London, Ashford, Canterbury, Sittingbourne, Folkestone, Whitstable, Crowborough, Horsham, Lewes, Uckfield, Polegate, Heathfield, Faversham, Eastbourne, Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill, Hailsham, Seaford, Herne Bay, Tenterden, Basildon, Stanford Le Hope, Brentwood, Caterham, Rochester, Gillingham, Strood and Chatham.
Contact us today to arrange a full quotation on your new garage door.